Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 4 Reflection

I am nearing the end of the 4th week in EDLD 5301.  Although reading and responding to many of my classmates' action research plans was time-consuming, it was very rewarding.  I gained confirmation in some of the aspects of my research plan, and I saw a few things I can change based on what I saw and the comments made.  It was also nice to have feedback on my research plan.  "Two heads are better than one" is a saying that fits here.  We get so wrapped up in what we are doing that we may miss something that monumental to the outcome.  Having others look at it without any preconcieved ideas allows for fresh ideas to be implemented.  I appreciate the feedback that my classmates offered, and I have made changes based on it. 

I also met with my site supervisor this week to ask her to review my action research plan.  She gave me some suggestions on implementation.  Overall, the meeting went well, and she is "on board" with my plan.  I'm pleased with the layout of the course.  We have eased right into creating this action research plan, have gotten necessary feedback from our peers through blogs and discussion questions, and have been asked to discuss our plan with our supervisor.  I was really concerned about this class, at first.  I'm glad to say that it hasn't been as hard as I originally thought it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment